Any old promotor drivers around

Morning mushroomman. I am sure ATA Carnets weren’t recognised in Iraq. I think goods were always imported into Iraq on a temporary import basis and then your agent completed the paperwork at the destination for the permanent import. At the end of a trade fair I always had to sort out the invoices to show those goods that were sold and staying in Iraq, those that were returning to UK or any other destination and those goods that were consumed, these last items included literature, give aways, food and drink. We did use ATA Carnets in Turkey but you had to be very careful to obey the rules.

You asked how many lorries Promotor had. We were never a big company. I posted a list of drivers/units recently from 75. That list showed twelve units. The numbers did go up some in the following few years but not appreciably. We also had a number of rigids both boxes and small car transporters. We used a fair number of subbies on an as required basis. Mick Martin was one of those and of course he bought my old Scannie unit VGF 899M from Promotor in 78.

Talking of the National I have attached a photo I always thought was taken at the back of the parking area were the Dow lorries are shown parked up in the snow. But after looking at the height of the trees maybe I am wrong. Perhaps you recognise some of the drivers. I have also attached another photo of the famous schoolteacher come barber in Tartous.

53278999_10216430304303261_1873757793018707968_n.jpg