Buses, coaches, & lorries

[zb]
anorak:

gazzer:
I don’t very often go by bus these days but last week, to save my daughter collecting me from Fareham railways station, I caught the bus to Gosport.
This single decker of 2016 vintage was horrendously noisy, not only from the engine/hydraulic gearbox but the clunking etc of the chassis.
How do bus builders get away with it? Surely better sound insulation from the rear mounted drivetrain would be possible?
I reckon my 1980 F12 was quieter by far!
The gearbox was the producer of most of the noise!

They’re cheap and nasty rubbish nowadays. When it was privatised, the profiteers had the last years of the last well-engineered vehicles. Now they just buy short-life machinery, because their backers will not fund long-term plans. Grrr…

I don’t use a bus very often but I did go on one to Burton from Doveridge.I have never had such an uncomfortable ride on Public Transport.Come back Stevensons all is forgiven.Started off from Doveridge and it seemed there were more pot holes than I thought.I thought it was because I was sitting over the rear wheels so when I came back I sat in the middle, but no different.Use the busses in Brighton and Newcastle upon Tyne and no problem.It strikes me that the people involved with these motors don’t use them,but only when they’ve got their cars in the garage to sort out a rattle like a glove box lid.

Tony