Recently passed driver struggling with work

jessejazza:

ROG:
Have you gone to companies with CV in hand ready to hand to the TM as well as all your work gear in the boot :question:
Especially early monday morning

:smiley: :smiley:

I can’t agree more. Forget agencies; ■■■■ liars, misleading and may pay you if you are lucky.

Decide what work you’d like to do having looked up local firms; knock on doors, and most important keep returning as you never know when someone will leave suddenly. I am in my current job having contacted the firm again a couple of months later - they always say they’ll keep you on file but tend to forget as for some businesses life is just hectic. Important to remember that compared with other professions there is a relatively high driver turnover even in the best of firms.

Just read your original post again and noticed you’ve got hiab but presumably no experience as you’ve recently done the course. Phone Jewsons, Buildbase etc and ask if you could go out with one of their drivers one day. A day or two of observation will get you mixing with folk who may know the opposition and when a job may be coming up. The observation itself worthwhile if nothing else.