PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Dean got a feeling Mortimer’s got Bank Cancer and ended but someone else is now running a company with very similar colours from the same area but don’t know who, Buzzer.

:wink:

Ray Smyth:
T & T Thompson Mercedes.

Hi Dean, T & T Thompson were from Glazebury, to the east of Warrington. On a couple of occasions
when I did the overnight sailing from Portsmouth to Ouistreham (Caen), a couple of Thompsons were
on the same sailing, I believe they were loaded with Kelloggs from Trafford Park for Southern Spain.
Regards, Ray.

I remember seeing there trucks at Portsmouth and Poole on a regular basis Ray. I imagine they were run a fair few motors. :wink:

gazsa401:
Anyone remember the Seddon Diesel straw truck ■■?

Hey up Dean I’m sure the Seddon drawbar lorry featured in a “Soldiering On” article in Truck Magazine some years ago
Cheers Gary

Ok cheers Gary,i will keep an eye out for it. :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
A.J.Carrington & Sons ERF.
Look like an Ex Jack Richards ERF.

I see what you mean “FLOURPOWER”, glad you liked the Hovis motor ! There will be more to come chap. :wink:

tastrucker:
Anyone recognise the DAF
Hello DEAN the DAF with wesh sign writing is from South Caernarfonshire cremeries Pwllheli ,thank you for the Swains Scania ,Trevor

Thanks for the name Trevor. Swains had a great colour scheme and another company i miss seeing on the roads. :frowning:

smallcoal:
Hi dean Dennis seabourne been around for years only had 3 lorrys he had trailers in the abbey,he has passed away his son in law had taken over with Dennis,s wife ,Steve now runs under his name Steve Myers transport due to issues with the family here’s Dennis,s merc and Stevens Volvo,hers one of dai dipstick shunting in the abbey with seabourne

Thanks for the info John and great pics as always ! :smiley: :wink:

tribsa:
Hi All
Is the bionic bubble Bubblemans dads ?
Cheer s Rich

Are you talking about Bubbs on here ■■ :unamused:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,Stevens trucks are green there ex pollock volvos these courtesy of the Welsh connection on Flickr

Ok thanks John and the “Welsh connection” :laughing: :wink:

dave docwra:

DEANB:
"Volvo F4. Harvey i can remember seeing the F4 in brochures etc but was the model offered in the UK ■■ I never saw a F4 in the UK did anyone else ■■

Hi Dean,
I am sure DTS had four 7.5t F4s based in their Brimsdown depot, for the life of me I can not remember what clothing contract they were on at the time, but I do recall them being very cheap compared to Mercedes as a contract package, but
they were replaced by MANs on renewal due to not being liked by the drivers.
Dave…

You are probably right Dave. Sounds like they never caught on. Thinking about it i am sure they may have used a non Volvo engine and Perkins is coming to mind. I think
it was the same engine as the new Bedford AWD 7.5 tonner used ■■ I could be completely wrong but i am sure i remember reading something like that.I will have to see
if i can find something on them. :unamused: :laughing:

HRS:
Good morning dean,
Better late than never, the F10/12 had standard headlamp wipers for a time but not very sucsessfull. evan tried a rocker set of blades to cover both lamps but if memory serves me right they gave “issues” when in for MOT’s, not to sure.
F4 @ 7.5 ton came after my time but from memory was heavy. Do you remember the “Club of 4” range.
Still look at the site and always amazed at the great work you and Paul put in but as time moves on to the later models my interest does lax a little so I do what all old people do and “go back” especially the F10/12 a few pages back all in fantastic colours, to day its , White !! cheers mate. Harvey

Your lacking Harvey !!! :laughing: :laughing: Strange set up on that French F10. I do remember the “Club of 4” chap. Dont worry still old stuff to come ! :smiley: :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“marktaff”]Hi Dean,
The Seddon Diesel is one of Turners of Ebbw Vale…you posted one of there a few pages back.
But I don’t think they are no longer around…some lovely pics again Dean.
Regards Mark
Hello DEAN ,some great Welsh shots ,always good to see B E Williams of Sennybridge .
Hi marktaff ,Turners had at least 3 Seddons like that ,one being ex Cyril Williams Brynmawr, they have all gone including Davies and Meredith also from Brynmawr ,MT

Thank for your comments “MT” :smiley:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
RMC Routeman.
Dean nice one that is ACE Daz :smiley: :smiley:

Glad you like that one Daz still got another Routeman brochure somewhere i will pop on. :wink:

kenfig bill:
“kingswinford kit”
Hi ,Davies and Meredith ,they also had Seddons with Rolls 220 engines …great performers ,they did steel by day ,and Dunlop Semtex work at night hauling rubber mats to the London area ,regards Keith

The old man can remember Cyril Williams hauling milk floats for Morrison electricar Tredegar …like Cyril Williams long gone …he asks does any body remember Chivers of Brynmawr …fleet of Bedford TK tippers …DEAN …some magic stuff …Geraint.

Sounds like those Seddons had a hard life Keith. :wink:

Thanks Geraint and “dad” for the info good stuff. :smiley:

ianto:
Think that Jeff Bryer from Llangadog bought a F reg Commer Maxiload blue in colour 2stroke 16 ton flat that was used on livestock haulage from Cyril Williams Brynmawr

Thanks for the comments Ian. :wink: I remember my uncle telling me that they traded in a couple of Thames Traders for a couple of Commers as they were much
faster. :laughing: :wink:

Paul John:
“kenfig bill”

The old man can remember Cyril Williams hauling milk floats for Morrison electricar Tredegar …like Cyril Williams long gone …he asks does any body remember Chivers of Brynmawr …fleet of Bedford TK tippers …DEAN …some magic stuff …Geraint

Hi Geraint, I remember Cyril Williams their yard in Brynmawr, and used to see them load in Crompton Electricars in Dukestown. Alf Chivers garage was on the road leading to Davies and Meredith’s yard which could be seen from the Heads of the Valley’s road. Chivers did a lot of work out of Trefil Quarry, with as you say TKs and later 4 wheel Dodges. They had one 6 wheeler a Bison driven by Brian Akerman from Rhymney. His brother in law Eddie Lewis had a Dodge and parked it at the end of our street in Aber for many years until they finished.
Ford and Reames also tipper operators were based in the center of Brynmawr, their old premises being used by Leyton Williams who last time I visited had a bunch of 44 ton Scanias.
Ford and Reames were involved in setting up the RTITB centre in Gilwern and a few ex Cyril Williams drivers were instructors there.
After Trefil closed Chivers and Ford and Reames worked out of Vaynor quarry in Merthyr, but most other company’s were running 6 and 8 wheelers by then. They were just to far behind the times.
Paul

Thanks for the comments Paul. I dont know how you lot remember so much info on these old companies. :smiley: :wink: