Shop "Reserving" Loading Bay

adam277:
I work for the coop and most of the time have to do front door delivery.
80% of the time I will have problems with customers parking in my way.

Heck today I was doing a blind side reverse into a coop garage besides one of the few pumps and someone shoots in behind me while I’m reversing and tries to start fueling up.
This often happens.

Another one was a elderly guy who refused to move forward so I could get into the loading bay because he needed milk. He left upset because the store ran out of milk and the only milk was on my truck.

Honestly I think the elderly are the worst.
I’ve never had an issue with anyone under 30.

I do urban multi drop too and couldn’t agree more. Had a car block me into an alleyway the other day, and politely said “Would you be ok parking somewhere else? I can’t get out if you park there.” To which the old bint replied “It’s alright, I have a blue badge.”

Back on topic, I deliver to a pub near a load of takeaways and the loading bay could probably fit 2 rigids in. But the moped drivers for the takeaways all spread themselves apart so much that you can’t fit a wagon in at all. The traffic gods were with me the other week and I managed to get my wagon in, when one of them returned he tried to explain to me that the loading bay was for mopeds only.

Also once had a pillock park his taxi in a loading bay and go in for a few pints, and informed me that “loading only” is actually for taxis to load passengers in and out. Not truck drivers. He wasn’t even loading passengers anyway! He eventually moved, should have grassed the ■■■■ up for drink driving with hindsight.