Shop "Reserving" Loading Bay

Used to deliver cars to a compound beside a furniture shop, they were failing as a business and maybe worried that our lorry outside there premises would affect passing trade…if they’d for one minute thought about it, they would have realised their miserable as bloody sin attitude would see any normal customer not wishing to have anything to do with them.
We tried to accommodate them as much as possible, i always backed down the side road if possible, but being how unhelpful they were didn’t win them too many friends among my colleagues, some of whom could be just as awkward back.

Miserable awkward buggers are everywhere, i acted unofficial banksman for a car transporter today out of the goodness of me heart :sunglasses: , he had no choice due to dozens of parked cars and not a hope in hell of turning otherwise but to reverse out onto a retail park service road so told him i’d watch him out, bod in mini bus had already rounded the corner and being a professional miserable awkward sod took as much room up as possible on the corner itself making it impossible for car transporter lad, he sat there looking at me as if i was somehow to blame for the ills of an overcrowded retail sales park, and then started mouthing off about ‘‘what’s he doing’’, so i suggested that with hazard lights on and reversing down the road a good chance the bloke was backing out…‘where’s his reverse lights then’', well if you look there’s no reverse lights on it…this ■■■■■■■■ amusingly (really i did try not to laugh) continued for a while and finally it seemed to twig that until he gave the car carrier some room no one was going anywhere at any time, but he still made it awkward as poss,. the bloke in the car behind him who did have some common sense had already backed further away cos it was blindingly obvious what was needed.

Unfortunately this is the mentality of the people we share the world with, they cannot see that by being uncooperative, invariably they are cutting their own noses off to spite their face, you cannot help these people, they are lacking something basic.