Breaking the vehicle speed limit

Sand Fisher:
I am interested to know if any forum members have been prosecuted/issued a fixed penalty notice when driving a truck for breaking the vehicle speed limit where the national speed limit only was in force.

As some will know, here in Scotland we still have ‘the old speed limits’ (40/50) for single/dual carriageways. It does hack me off to see lorries continually breaking these but wonder if there is some unofficial blind eye turning going on, [though the jock enforcement authorities are not renowned for ignoring rules].

I am told certain speed cameras cannot (or maybe that should be ‘are not set up to’) differentiate between trucks, buses/coaches and cars so on the A9 Stirling to Perth for instance trucks happily do 56mph instead of the statutory 50mph. So as an agency wallah paid by the hour why should I speed.

On the odd occasion I’ve been down to England - but not on the motorway - I must admit the ‘new’ limits are much better. On the A1 the traffic flows much better and it is a PITA when north of Berwick on the single carriageway sections under Scottish limits.

So it hacks you off when trucks speed and help the traffic flow, you staunchly do the opposite yet when in England you praise the limit for helping traffic flow?