Favourite area to work in UK?

mrginge:
grumpyken is right though.

A litlle while back I parked at a pub/truckstop called Feerick’s and it was crazy. You ordered your food at the bar, got a pint, then sat on a stool whilst waiting for the food, before long the people either side of you are talking to you. The food is served, plate stacked, you eat with the other drivers at the bar, get more pints and when you finished you pay your bill which they split beers from food for my expenses and off I went back to the lorry.

Bloody Irish folk. I would move there if I wangled it with my current boss to locate me there and pay me my SW English wages, get a nice big bungalow with truck parking and room for a few cars, heaven :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ireland north and south is a great timewarp of a place to live.
imagine the scenario,your walking along and a complete stranger comes up and says hello.
ten minutes later,your in a bar having a drink that they insist on paying.
you dont get a chance to put your hand in your pocket as they are flat out buying you drinks all night, then as if thats not enough,your taken for a good meal,top notch,no rubbish,they then take you home and invite you to a night of rampant ■■■,then after breakfast in the morning,they put you in a taxi and bung you £20-00 for your trouble. how class is that■■?
its never happened to me personally but it happens to my sister nearly every weekend in belfast, :slight_smile: