Sorry guys od info

h i have been offered work pulling someone ells tanks at 150 per mile empty or loaded its my own unit i have my own place for opp lincence which is in prosses now is that a half decent rate probably 400 miles a day

BELTER… :smiley:

If it suits to do 400 miles as in 200 out loaded and run back empty for £600 then fair enough but when it comes to it that your doing that loaded both ways it’s not good .

It wouldn’t do for me .

Punchy Dan:
If it suits to do 400 miles as in 200 out loaded and run back empty for £600 then fair enough but when it comes to it that your doing that loaded both ways it’s not good .

It wouldn’t do for me .

Well, at 8mpg and say £1.04/litre, that makes the fuel cost around 40% if gross Income.
Fair comment from Dan that it’s not great, and it wouldn’t do for me either, but trust me, there’s worse out there, much worse.

i was not sure if it was good or not it is bobtail somerset to purfleet pick up trailer take to brimingham back somerset empty

I guess it would keep you going if your overheads are low, paid for lorry etc etc, not brilliant rate but better than a lot of ‘chase your tail’ general subbing work out there.

I’ve done tanks before, its hard on your fuel, brakes and clutch due to the movement, id want more than that rate for those reasons.

Definitely worse out there, a lot worse.

I would say it’s well over the threshold of being better to leave the truck sat. For a new operator it gets you going - much easier to move on to better paid work once you’re working.