Tacho data - what do you do with....?

good_friend:

manski:
Hey, no offence intended but I hope you don’t have an actual operators licence, if so you have probably just gone way up the D**A list for “must go and have a check of the records” :laughing:
Shredding the 12+ month old discs is one of lifes little pleasures :laughing: (we are not in the click delete league yet). 12 months for tachos and 15 months for maintenance was always one of the trick questions on the old cpc ?

I didn’t say I had destroyed anything. I asked if you have to send the stuff away to anyone. It’s perfectly safe, thank you, and will remain so after the 15 months TBH

As soon as people write ‘no offence’ it normally becomes an excuse for them to be rude. This happens in real life as well as on forums. I have no idea why it’s necessary

I did not say you had destroyed anything either, I made what I thought was a light hearted post, related to your admission that you could not, at the time of posting, remember what an operator has to do regarding retention of tachograph data. I though I was being helpful in light heartedly pointing out that “someone” monitoring this forum might put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 when it appeared, from the post, that an O licence holder did not know what they might consider a fairly fundamental rule.
It was the subsequent poster who, again jokingly I think :laughing: , suggested that people have in the past been unfortunate enough to have had records destroyed in fires.
I am actually a very polite and helpful person, have a look through my posts on here. i have no good news on the forgetting things front either I am afraid, it just gets worse with age in my personal experience :cry: