PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
The Seddon Diesel is one of Turners of Ebbw Vale…you posted one of there a few pages back.
But I don’t think they are no longer around…some lovely pics again Dean.
Regards Mark

Thanks for the info Mark ,cant remember them all chap there are too many ! :laughing: :wink:

marktaff:
Move Hire Mercedes from Wales.

Lifestyle Upolstery Volvo FL7.

Hi Dean,
Move Hire Wales were from Cardiff…they were a removal company that had a contract with a local upholstery company called Prestige. …they ran this Merc artic and one or two others also on the contract…the trailer were sign written in the Prestige name…they also ran a few furniture vans to…but finished in the 90s.

Lyfestyle Upholstery were from East Moors In Cardiff…they were part of the Walker Holmer Group…the trucks and the trailers were all Ryder lease out of Penarth…but also no longer

Regards Mark

Mark that would certainly make sense above Move-Hire having a contract with a upholstery company. As about a quarter of a mile back down that road behind the Merc
there were a couple of large furniture show rooms. No doubt he had just delivered to one of those. There were also other large furniture outlets in Poole so i am sure he
would have delivered to a few of them. :wink:

tastrucker:
Anyone remember the Seddon Diesel straw truck ■■?

Hello DEAN ,that Seddon straw truck looks like T G Morris of LLangedfan Oswestry ,he sold straw and hay every week at Oswestry and Welshpool markets ,its a stretched artic ,ex BRS Midlands and had a Rolls 220 engine ,thank you Trevor

Good stuff Trevor ! :smiley:

Buzzer:
Dean IIRC the company SRT was an amalgamation between Pitters & Meacher’s sort of a joint venture, they had a yard in Andersons Road which eventually became part of Lorraines lorry park, that’s where we had our first yard as well but it’s all built on now, Buzzer

Thanks for the information Buzzer ! :smiley: I wonder why they did that ? Maybe to stop taking one anothers work. :unamused:

kingswinford kit:
C.M.Philpotts Foden. Looks well loaded.

Hi Dean ,i think Paul is impressed with the C M Phillpots fleet ! He has taken several of thier fleet that were based at Kington Hereford ,regards Keith

Yeah Paul took alot of Philpotts motors. I would imagaine they run a fairly sizeable fleet Keith ? :smiley:

smallcoal:
Morning dean.the man with the red trailer I think its hills transport Cardiff it got ht on the headboard and hills were red

Good spot John, like i say that motor was a demonstrator as when MAN won truck of the year with that motor they used that colour scheme. I imagine they
had it on trial or had just bought it and not had it sprayed yet. :wink:

sm240:
Hi, Dean
thank you so much for the pictures !!!
then (soon) could you post someone else please?
thank you.
bye
MIMMO :smiley: :smiley:

:unamused:

Carryfast:
"Buzzer"Dean IIRC the company SRT was an amalgamation between Pitters & Meacher’s sort of a joint venture, they had a yard in Andersons Road which eventually became part of Lorraines lorry park, that’s where we had our first yard as well but it’s all built on now, Buzzer.

Another interesting confirmation of my memory of the mid 70’s that many customers doing uk work were moving away from the cheap and nasty plastic day cabbed heaps to something better and were prepared to buy British given the right kit.While contradicting the myth that the ‘unions wouldn’t allow sleepers’ in the day.

Just trying to think who built plastic cabs apart from ERF “Carryfast” :unamused:

kmills:
Dean, I’m pretty sure that Symm’s of Calne were taken over by Dodd’s Group - which all ended some years ago iirc.
Cheers Keith

Keith,Its a shame so many companies were over by large companies as you loose all the different colour scheme and sign writing on the cabs. :cry: :wink: