Euro Diary

A great read…and well versed too…brought back memories of when I worked for George Ewer on world wide coaches with American Express, our tours always started from the pick up at the Airport, then give em time to settle into the Hotel then after with a London tour, with a local guide as well, in fact all the citys were allocated a local guide, and as well as entertaining the clients, had to direct drivers on their route too, if they happened to do an Ahem private one not on the itinerary, and this happened quite frequently especially on my days off, which were quite generous. Another way of earning money was the shopping tours at each location, only one coach load at a time, so as to generate the profits…and not forgetting the end result at the end of a tour. Americans are very generous and always put money in an envelope…1 for the driver, 1 for the guide…and my time on the coaches was fruitful to say the least, as i never opened or banked my wages for the season…just lived off of the generosity of the passengers.