Worst job interview

Well here is mine nothing special
Thought I’d give tnt a go as I was looking for less hours then my current job, currently on 48 hour and want less.

So go for tnt interview tell them I want to do less hours that’s why I’m applying etc.,
They go oh well this position is usually 56 hour is week so you will be doing more hours.

They didn’t put this on the advert they also said I would have to come in early if traffic is bad to make trunk times.

Funny thing is I’m on about 560 a week net income on my current job.
They were offering 480 gross…

So ye tnt don’t pay great and they expect you to come in extra early if traffic is bad.
But they do have free on site parking. :laughing:
I suspect this is one of the reasons tnt have to sub so many of their trunk runs out.

I went for an interview many years ago for a job running to Switzerland, a friend had put me on to it, so off I went, spoke to the transport manager, who was very pleasant, nice tackle to drive, money was ok but not brilliant. Then he asked me ‘do you have a credit card with over three grand on it’? Hmmmmm I thought, yes I do, why? Oh nothing really…just sometimes… the fuel cards are locked…and we have problems with the paperwork, needles to say, it wasn’t form me! :open_mouth:

Come in early if traffic is bad? What a joke. Say you start at 19:00, at what point do you make a decision traffic is worse than normal and you need to go in early? So you start at 19:00 but what, you’ve got to be on “standby” from 16:00 just in case?

Sounds like ■■■■ poor management and planning. Part of planning for transport is allowing some leeway given the fact things don’t always go smoothly, and there will be traffic etc.

when BRS still had workshops I went for an interview and during it the manager said where do you see your self in 5 years time, I replied sat where you are, wrong answer, according to him,

hotel magnum:
when BRS still had workshops I went for an interview and during it the manager said where do you see your self in 5 years time, I replied sat where you are, wrong answer, according to him,

Yep, should have said The Dog and Duck :wink:

Aged 15 1/2 and leaving school, went to the local Rootes agency (that was Commer, Dodge and Karrier for you young lad’s! :laughing: ) for a commercial vehicle mechanics apprenticeship. Manager sits me down and presents me with an hours test on algebra and triganometary (spelling!) ! :open_mouth: I was hopeless at maths anyway, after an hour I had hardly touched it so he gave me another hour, useless, goodbye lad. Went to the BMC dealership close by and got taken on with no problems, spent eight years there. :wink:

Pete.

albion:

hotel magnum:

The Dog & Duck…buying the boss a drink?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

TNT is a pile of crap now fedex taken over. 7.5 tonne multi drop is pants…you get worked to the bone. Half the managers are thick and bullies, if you show an ounce of intelligence they don’t like it. Yeah it’s a job… but :laughing:

Franglais:

albion:

hotel magnum:

The Dog & Duck…buying the boss a drink?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Why didn’t I think of that? Must have a word with myself :grimacing: