PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Surprised no one remembered Exonia with the boats. They were regulars through Poole back in the 80’s. :unamused:

sm240:
Hi, Dean
thank you so much for the pictures !!!
are beautiful !!!
P.S: do you have any other 2/3 similar? :smiley:

:smiley: Have a look at page 309.

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”
Thos Woods Seddon Atkinson. Anyone know where they were from ■■?

Hi Dean, The Seddon Atkinson of Thos. Woods was from Little Lane in Wigan.
The trailer belongs to T.Armstrong, whose depot was on Warrington Road,
about 1 mile away, near to Junction 25 of the M6. Regards, Ray.

Thanks for the info Ray good stuff. :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
J.H.Rose of Gillingham were a regular sub contractor to Robert Baillie of Horndean
when the Guernsey Tomato work was extremely busy. This J.H.Rose Seddon Atkinson,
is loaded with Guernsey Tomatoes, probably for a fruit & veg market up north. Ray.

Well thats a great pic Ray. I never knew they run flats as i have only ever seen tippers in there fleet. :wink:
Glad you liked the Liverpool article.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
The Merc tanker is one of Tankfreights,you can just make out their logo on the door. :smiley:

:laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:
“Ray Smyth”
I met Jim Murphy several times about 15 years ago at The Merseyside Transport Trust at Burscough.
I had a good look round at his Schweppes Atkinson Borderer which was completely restored and ready
for the road. I seem to recall that Jim said it was a 2 pedal motor.

It is indeed a two-pedal motor, although I believe it has changed hands now

Thanks Chris for your comment. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:
"Mark R"Lovely photo of the Francis Davis Mercedes… I believe our friend Robert used to drive for them.

Indeed I did! I was an occasional driver for them, mostly driving their 1619, 1625 and 1626 artics. Robert

Thanks for the comment “Mark R” and for the pic Robert. :smiley:

mizzo:
The Mercedes PDC 121R is indeed Tankfreights, when I started work at Harold Woods in 1978 we he about 10/12 of them, ‘DC’ was a Teesside registration, so this was probably based there at sometime, they (Mercs) were all on the black oil contract with Phillips Petroleum and did not take kindly to 24/7 running, some were scrapped after 2 years. I drove one for a shift and the brakes put the fear of god up me! This one in the photo must have escaped to an easy life at another depot because I don’t remember any being painted into the then new Tankfreight colours. They were replaced by SedAk 400’s.

Good stuff “mizzo”. Surprised that the Mercs were scrapped after 2 years ! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heres a few bits and bobs on Harold Wood “mizzo” since you drove for them. :wink:

Heres a Seddon Atkinson 400 like you would have driven for them.

A02684.JPG

Click on page twice to read.

1973 harold wood scania tppg.PNG