A75 in the headlines again for all the wron reasons

Sploom:

Own Account Driver:

eurotrans:
I believe van vliet used to have some Irish lads on for them so he probably knows the road pretty well, didn’t see any nuns or kittens getting hurt just a 40mph plobber that thinks he’s right and everyone else is wrong,like dd says them flowers got to make boat :grimacing:

Even now I’d say I still encounter one or two 40mph plobbers per day in England and Wales - I’ve got a little bit more time in Scotland but only a little bit.

I remember the hysterics on here, when they upped it, you’d have thought the sky was about to fall in and it was going to be instant HGV carnage on the roads everywhere. Kinda shows how you should ignore the crap and hot air people spout even when it’s a topic they ought to know a thing or two about.

I guess I’m one of those plobbers then, I don’t want to hold anyone up but my license is very important to me, I can’t do anything else, if on the A75, it will be 40 or if I’m in England, 50,but really, how much time can you shave off the journey between Carlisle and Stranraer, given its mostly dual carriageway, I would say five minutes, that’s all.
The faster you do this job, the more work that is put on you.

Take it you’ve never been running late for a boat then I guess.
Those 5 mins can make all the difference between getting back home or not, it aint a case of getting more work,…well it never was in my case anyway.
As I said…I do not advocate or condone driving like a complete ■■■■ either.