Northwest Trucks

moomooland:

DEANB:
BRS Foden from Manchester.

What a fantastic shot Dean taken on the A62 heading up the hill out of Waterhead towards Austerlands.

Lived 100 yards away behind the photographer as a child wish i had Β£1 for every-time i have walked up and down that hill to catch the bus at the terminus at the bottom.

Briliant. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have travelled your road many times before the M62 and remember how busy it was with David Browns wagons day and night never mind the Mill wagons and general hauliers and all seemed to congregate at Motorman’s Cafe. Many a time I have gone hungry because the lay by was full and wagons parked on the road on the steep hill.
Going off subject but nearly same part of the hemisphere late 1960s or early 1970s I picked up a return load of metal cages from β– β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  diesels Darlington. I had to deliver to Impregnation services that I remember was in an old mill think it was Stalybridge. I have looked them up and address is Impregnation Services Ltd Unit 1, Cowhill Industrial Estate, Cowhill Lane, Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire, OL6 6HH
About the same time of year I did similar job for Gardeners Monton Eccles and remember their dispatch telling me Impregnation services were responsible for their engines not ceasing up so easily and you can virtually run the engine without oil.
Kev