Seabourne Freight

Irishtrucker66:

Pennineman:
Just another possibility, the Irish government had some sort of deal to get Arklow to pull out of the contract ■■?

I’ve only read of one other person insinuating this,Jacob Rees Mogg. Why would the Irish government encourage a company to pull out of providing extra capacity on cross channel routes?
The fact of the matter is it would more beneficial to traffic from Ireland going to the continent via landbridge having another route to choose from so I dare say that the Irish government would be encouraging rather than dissuading ASL involvement.
As for the notion of Seaborne being a subsidiary of ASL, I wouldn’t put a weeks wages on a bet that it wasn’t but I seriously doubt it. have any of the personnel involved in Seaborne any connection to ASL? I would imagine a parent company would have a senior figure involved in a subsidiary to protect their interests. ASL is one of the leading European company’s in bulk shipping and has been operating since 1966, so I suspect there is more to their pulling out than is being made public. It might be the case that ASL’s involvement was to provide experience and advice to Seaborne.

That is why I put the question marks at the end of my sentence - I don’t know, politicians are good at playing silly beggars!