Ageing drivers and driver shortage

peirre:
There’s probably dozens of drivers sat at home without work in the post Xmas bleak season

This year - we have the “Run-up to Brexit” that seems to be making Jan-March (so far) somewhat different from the past years gone by…

I’ve just had a rather busy January on agency. I was getting more hours per week throughout January than I was in the run-up to Christmas. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now that we’re in February, and the “bleak period” has passed, I’ve chucked in the supermarket job - simply because I’ve got enough work at Manpower now. Besides, Staffline wanted me to go onto a 1 hour contract from my ZHC previously… This would oblige me to work a random mid-week shift IF they couldn’t deliver me my normal sunday shift I’d made myself available for every week up until that point.
I don’t fancy taking a £14.75 shift @ Waitrose where I might have to drop a £19.48 shift @ RM to do it - what with ■■■■■■■ off Manpower in the process… I don’t want to go rocking this boat - do I?

“No Deal”.

This week was also my 13th week at Manpower - and I was pleased to find an extra monkey in my pay this week, courtesy of “Holiday Pay”… Hmm. That’s not a bad accrument for my first 3 months there, so I’ve got no complaints indeedy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve actually been trying to do just this for the past seven years - but only suceeded now in the last months leading upto Brexit - which hasn’t even happened yet! Perhaps there’s something in this “Driver Shortage” thing - after all.! :wink: