Eu referendum whats your vote

gingerfold:
I would counter your response by saying that it is a collective responsibility, going back years, of all the politicians of ALL the EU member states, and its unelected officials, that because of their intransigence and the political project that is the EU, that has brought about the current situation. If, and it’s a big if, the EU had been governed better then the situation where one of its biggest members measured by GDP voted to leave would never have arisen. So for you to infer that the situation is not of his own making is not how I view it. We have Macron and Varadkar, both of them political newcomers spouting off about matters that shows them to be out of their depth, as is Theresa May I hasten to add.

The arguments between those wanting a Federal Europe v those wanting to maintain a Europe of sovereign Nation States seem no different now than they were when we joined.Macron and May just being two of the latest former lot and Batten among others taking the place of Powell/Shore/Benn etc here.While ironically Europe itself has actually become more prepared to think along those lines now than it was in 1973.As shown by the comments made by the leader of the AfD calling for reform along Confederation of Sovereign States lines and away from the Federal superstate model.

As for Eire a nation founded on Secession from the UK Federation at the cost of loads of lives now wanting to be ruled by the EU Federation instead they couldn’t make it up.