Eu referendum whats your vote

Franglais:
"Much of the beef we deliver is Irish sourced but packaged over here , obviously the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar doesn’t realise this or he wouldn’t be so confrontational in his language. His farmers will lose a lot of income in a no deal Brexit scenario. Eire has more to lose, proportionally, than any other EU food supplier to the UK. Eire exports of food and drink to the UK in 2017 was a value of 3.7 billion Euros. Total value of Irish exports to the UK in the same year 16 billion Euros, pharmaceuticals being a very important sector… .

"
Gingerfold.

Just to address that point for the moment, if I can.
How, given we agree that Eire is probably about to be greatly impacted by Brexit, should the Taoisceach react?
You say “confrontationally”?

There they are about to be affected by events they have no effective control over. (Jeez, our own Prime Minister doesn’t have much control over what’s happening!) So being a wee bit upset, and sitting on his hands wouldn’t really be an appropriate response IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
[/quote]
I would counter your response by saying that it is a collective responsibility, going back years, of all the politicians of ALL the EU member states, and its unelected officials, that because of their intransigence and the political project that is the EU, that has brought about the current situation. If, and it’s a big if, the EU had been governed better then the situation where one of its biggest members measured by GDP voted to leave would never have arisen. So for you to infer that the situation is not of his own making is not how I view it. We have Macron and Varadkar, both of them political newcomers spouting off about matters that shows them to be out of their depth, as is Theresa May I hasten to add.