Any old promotor drivers around

Welcome back Steve. You were the instigator of this Promotor thread and you have been sorely missed. That last post of yours was just what is needed to keep alive the Promotor and Show-Haul names. I trust we don’t have to wait another two years for your next contribution. You mentioned the refrigerators from Bitola deep down in Yugo. I never loaded them but I think I can claim that I handled more of them than most drivers. Peter or Dave bought about half a trailer load of them and we shipped them down to the Baghdad Fair where we hired them out to the exhibitors. Trouble was they were much to big and not that reliable. After three or four journeys down to Baghdad and back they wee knackered and we got rid of them. We then bought in some decent ones which were much smaller and reliable. As for the Metro job I only did two loads out to Germany. I can’t remember much about the job. I think we delivered them to a small dealer in a small town down towards Frankfurt! I’m sure you will remember a lot more about the job than I.

It sounds as if you got on well with Staggie. I did most of the time but I still balled out at times.
Good to have you back.

Promotor 525.jpg