Any old promotor drivers around

hi guys thought id just pop back for a while …i see some interesting reading …i must say im really sorry to hear about micks passing…ive been a bit busy the last two years renovating my house in hamburg germany got married …jesus i never did learn … and im still tramping…i heard about john mantle having a nasty crash on his motorbike january 2018 anyone no if he pulled through …John Mantle Roger Oakley and i used to allways knock around together in our free time …when we was not in the yard annoying Peter thornten in the workshops or Staggy in the office …i must say that i only once had a run in with staggy … i asked him did we have any old carpet knocking around …he said dont know have a look around the yard …anyway after a bit of searching i found some carpet i only needed a little piece …and i found just the piece and colour i wanted
about a month later i was filling the truck with diesel in dunton green when dave came round the corner wanted to tell me something… the cab door was open he said i see you got some carpet then yes i said …ah he said just like mine in my office …wow i said great tastes we both have …and he was gone …about 2 months later i was returning from bitola with a load of refrigeraters …on way back i called the office from germany to find out what the next job would be ,staggy came on very outraged and to find that when he changed his office around and moved a big cupboard.there was a hole cut out of his carpet that roughly matched the size of the carpet in my truck …he was not amused and made me change trailers in dover and was immediately sent back to yugo …but after a couple of months he laughed about that …then i got on well with him again till Richard dyne and myself set up Showhaul…
heres one for Tony Grainger Tony Roger Oakley John Barclay Ronnie Hart Geoff and a couple of others (sorry lads cant remember)and myself we all whizzed of to essen with cars for the jochen rindt motor show
i was driving the d series pantech and had to bring from essen and the same show the mc claren m26 james hunts old mount to a posh do thing for marlboro in brussels centre…anyway as i remember we drove down together from essen as far as brussels and we arranged to meet later after id tipped in brussels .at the first garage parking area after brussels …i arrived and all the lads where parked up all sitting in johnny barclays truck ,it was getting quite late and we all were having a laugh when tony grainger decided it was time to go in the service area for a wash before they closed up …so off he went… after about 20 mins the place went dark with a small light somewhere at the back still on …anyway people where getting in there cars in the employees car park and buggering of …cant remember which one of us realised that tony was no more to be seen …but to our amusement tony was standing by the glass door exit inside trying to open the door …we was all in a silly state and found this a very funny situation …infact i think i peed me pants with so much laughter …i cant really remember much as to how he got out …i think the police came not sure but it was so funny …i must say those days by promotors where fantastic brilliant chaps to work with …that i ever had the pleasure to work with… remember sandway the weekend in aschaffenburg with the british leyland metro test team they took us out for a good meal …as i say great guys great days sadly the job nowadays ■■■■■