Contesting smart motorway fine

DickyNick:
The TNUK experts say its money making yet these things have been designed by people who are trained in it, and have spent hundreds maybe thousands of hours researching and collecting data on the traffic flow in an area before it’s turned to smart motorway. Yet there’s experts that are more qualified on here that just say its money making.

Well news flash. See a speed limit, and whether you agree with it or not. Slow to that limit. And don’t get a ticket. So the “money makers” don’t make any money from you then. Revolutionary concept isn’t it?

So someone with bits of paper on the wall and letters after their name knows more than a guy who drives a stretch of road every day for years/decades? These things are pure money makers, nothing more. I see it night after night after night, speed limits reduced for no reason for one gantry only. And it’s always a camera gantry.

That said, I have no sympathy for those who think the laws dont apply to them. I just wish the authorities would stop lying to us and tell us what we already know, it’s a stupid tax.