Eu referendum whats your vote

whiplash:
Answers in simple English please.
If Britain wants out,(and I respect their right to have voted out),and lots on here agree they are a net contributor,why oh why arent they saying to the EU,were out.
Like what is actually stopping them from walking?
Surely there must be some element of truth in moneys being owed,or whatever phrase you want to put on it.Or some legal aspect?
If theyre so sure theyre right why not do a Harvey Smith on it?

We are a net contributor if all you calculate are contributions and direct receipts, such as grants for under developed areas. That doesn’t take into account the benefits to business of tariff free trade: with taxes ourexport goods will cost more in the EU, so sales could be lost. With extra customs someone has to pay for extra admin, and goods could take longer (time is always money) to travel. All of that is ignored in a simple calculation.

If we were to leave tomorrow we would still be trading with the same companies and countries. The UK Gov can’t really tell Nissan Sunderland to buy their widgets from Australia rather than Austria. We won’t be buying tomatoes from Brazil rather than Spain.
Remember 40% of our food is imported. EU is our biggest and nearest trading partner.
Stick out fingers up today, what trading deals will we get tomorrow?
If a haulier has a customer welch on a deal today, what deal will they get tomorrow? It won’t be a good one, will it? You’d charge more and get the debt back before trusting them with a reasonable rate for the job.
And who else in the world would give us a good rate of they saw we were untrustworthy?
No one in Gov* is saying it isn’t a legal debt. They may argue about the amount, but it is a debt.
I think the UK is a country with honour, and wish that to continue. I wouldn’t want us to be thought of as cheats.
Wouldn’t do much for own main earners, the Bankers and financial service providers if we got a reputation as being dishonourable either. Who’d trust us with their money if we look like debtors.

*edit apart from the ‘usual suspects’
Plus how about our being at the table when standards are set? Do we want a say in Euro 7? Galileo satellites? Atomic standards? Few movement of academics? No one in Brexit even thinks about these things let alone costs them.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk