Not happy with instructor

Jasesonix:

Garbo2018:
Well, after a disastrous rest of this week, and feeling downtrodden, (despite talking to the gaffer of the firm,) I decided to try to get a couple of more assessment drives. First one, which is based in Billingham, wanted to charge me £200 (like the last one) just for a sodding assessment :smiling_imp:. Also, they don’t have their own off-road area to practice reversing, so I decided not to bother with them.

The other firm on the other hand was a totally different kettle of fish! A renown training company on the A59, just outside York. The rig, a 64-plate Volvo FM420 was immaculate both inside and outside, still looking brand new! The assessment drive just consisted of a blindside reverse and then a circuit around Rufforth and the outskirts of York. I was extremely impressed with their instructor. Also,all their trucks have just two seats (driver and one passenger) instead of the typical three-abreast arrangement you usually find with most trainers, so all their courses are just 1-to-1. The best part of this afternoon was when we returned after the assessment drive, the instructor mention that I would only need TWO days of training to get me up to test standard.

Even though this company is a good hour’s drive from home, I think I now have my heart set on them. All I have to do now is select two dates from the list written on the back of the card they gave me.

Yes Tockwith training is fantastic. I did my class 1 and 2 with them recently and couldnt be happier. It is well worth the 1 hrs drive for anyone. They have one of the highest pass rates in the country and the instructors are so professional. Good luck!!

I work as a instructor at Tockwith and we proud ourselves on the success we have in a very happy training school.

Reviews like these make it all worth while.

Regards

Paul