Ageing drivers and driver shortage

eurotrans:

robroy:
If there is (or going to be) a shortage, a lot of it is down to the firms themselves ,in terms of their cynical treatment of their drivers.and their draconian t .s and c.s.

Case in point, our lot have drawn up a new contract I’ve been told, which includes paying for damage and all the rest of the crap that people with ■■■■ poor man management skills dream up. :unamused:
It reads like a list of things that would put anybody (with a brain) off from driving for them,.rather than attracting them, but true to form the said drivers without the brain are actually (and readily :open_mouth: ) signing up like good little boys rather than display some sort of resistance to it. :unamused:

Paying for damage :smiling_imp: why the hell do they pay insurance.no one goes out to damage their vehicle ffs even the dreaded EE’s but stuff happens. Tell them what to do with their contract,I’m sure a driving god such as yourself has the contacts to do without them :grimacing:

You’re preaching to the converted mate, and I’m just weighing up my next move.
I don’t really want to change jobs tbh as I’m content with my job of work, what I do, but on the other hand I’m not my firm’s biggest fan…only because of this type of agitation towards their drivers.
They do have a problem with negligent damage from a lot of ‘‘steerers’’ they employ, but they treat everybody good or bad the same.
This is the second revision of contract from the one I originally signed, and I refused to sign the first revision which touched on a damage clause, and this is their third one/second revision.
Apparentlly the only way they can not implement these measures if the ■■■■ hits the fan in terms of damage, is not by us just refusing to sign the contract, but to attach a letter to it stating that you do not agree with clauses ‘x y and z’.
Not sure if the contract needs to be signed also or not, with this letter attached though…anybody?