NHS, don't ever complain

You’re waffling and diverting (as always)

About 4% of your overall tax contribution goes to healthcare.
You dont “pay” for healthcare already.
Even at that, if the nhs was dissolved tomorrow, no way your tax would come down. Instead, you’d have insurance premiums on top of it.

Pat has to keep working or they will stop his cover and he will get NOTHING towards his healthcare.
Remind me again why that’s BS? Why is his legitimate worries for paying for his and his wife’s healthcare whining, moaning and BS but your “the whole system is rotten to the core because ive had a bad experience” is perfectly ok?

Carryfast:
US laws also prevent such ‘difficult’ cases being denied cover bearing in mind I’ve already posted a link to those laws and Union arranged health cover including in retirement.

Yes because we all know that laws are never broken or bent by large corporations and governments. They always follow the laws eh :unamused:

And yes, you should be grateful. If you need a doctor or to go to hospital, its there for you. No one will leave you dying why they check your insurance card. No one will do a wallet biopsy. No one will refuse to send an ambulance because you owe them money already. No one will turn you away because you dont have a credit card they can charge.
As I said, no one is forcing you to use the NHS. If you’re not happy with it, don’t use it. Go private.
Oh that’s right, you can’t afford it and you’re hiding behind the bs “can’t afford to pay twice” excuse

Maybe the German system would be better. Maybe it would. Who knows? I havent researched it because its never going to happen here, and even if it did it wouldn’t be run as efficiently as the Germans manage it. We have what we have. You dont like it? Fine. But stop using it and ■■■■■■■■ about it if youre not going to go source your healthcare that you find acceptable.

You call me selfish just because it “worked for me”? I call it grateful.
Have you ever considered that if (and its a big if) your experience was so bad that maybe youre the exception rather than the rule?