South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Paul John:

pete 359:

Bookworm:
Hello Andrew, I didnt realise deputy dog was so famous! I dont know how many of us old `uns are still about, your father, ASG, Mike Evans ,Cliff Godwin come to mind and yesterday I was discussing ailments with Bernard Lewis. All falling off the edge eventually. Best wishes, Mike

Hi Mike,
I hope you’re well mate.You are right there,sadly the numbers are diminishing.Give Bernard my regards,I’ve not seen him for a good few months now.Here we have two from the Welsh National Opera’s former fleet,parked at the unmistakable, Sugar Loaf on the A483…

Hi all. Andrew I remember those Welsh National Opera motors, iirc there was a magazine story about a trip they did!
I remember EDDISON plant, and as Pete Smith said they were involved in road surfacing. I particularly remember their 3 wheeled rollers. The driver/operator would stand up, moving a vertical steering wheel through his hands, constantly looking forward, sideways and backwards. Those guys had necks like turkeys. For some reason as kids we called them steam rollers!

Great old photos, did you get my pm last week?

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
The last PM I received from you was in early January mate.I always think of you when I see photos of Alan Price,s fleet.

39A4558F-3D7A-4DF8-9E2F-E4A8E542BAA0.jpeg