Northwest Trucks

moomooland:
Bit of nostalgia from around the Northwest.

8J Bradshaw & Sons Leyland Comet Ardwick roundabout 1966.

7Healds Daries Commer Northenden 1967.

6Dodge artic in Manchester July 1962.

5Marshall Leyland Comet Salford 1963.

4R.E.Dixon Dodge on Stockport Road Longsight 1965.

3Foden in traffic at Longsight in October 1962.

2Unidentified Albion Caledonian Ardwick Green roundabout November 1965.

1Satinex Ford ‘D’ Series Alexandra Road Hulme 1968.

0Shude Hill Manchester mid 60’s.

What a fantastic lot of nostalgia!

I remmember Bradshaws very well. Overhead cables I remember riding on the trolley buses 1950s . The bus depot was near Ardwick green. Lorry drivers on overnight stops would park up on Hyde Road and book into digs. This area was full of pubs but also close to Manchester City. Belle View Boxing Wrestling and speedway.

A mate of mine worked for Healds dairy lorries app 1966

The small Claridges van in front of the Dodge is an old workmate Barry Griffin. Claridges also had many 10 tonner Dodges flats and boxes and a couple of then 28 tonner flats. Barrys daughter worked in the office at Allens transport next to Metrovics GEC Westinghouse Road Trafford park then promoted I think to route planner to Traffic manager.

Nixons of Stockport used to cart paper for news print and Bowaters packaging Levenshulme.

The Boyds sputnic van on Alec Road I am sure belonged to Boyds dairy that were based on Ayres Road junction and Skerton Road Old Trafford. I recognize the Graigmillar flour lorry.

The area of shudehill Yates I used to deliver bread and cakes to them when I was working at Mothers Pride Bread.
I recall they had a cafe above premises. Going off subject we had bought a puppy from Tib street pet shops and picked it up in the breadvan. By the time I got back to the bakery quite a few pies doughnuts had vanished and pup was sick as a dog!
Regards Kev