Headlamp

peirre:
I’ve had bollockings from TM’s for using my initiative changing bulbs, sourcing nuts and bolts, scavenging curtain straps from stand trailers at 5am to get me out the gate and ensure that I make the delivery slot. I even carry a small tub of bulbs, fuses etc to make my life easier

That isn’t a TM, it’s one of the borg, an admin drone steeped in lowest common denominator and one size fits all managing stylee, devoted to spreadsheets and debriefs.

Wouldn’t know the difference between a lorry driver and a bar of soap, i’ve seen them before too, blew one of their tiny minds when i found a broken cab mount on one of their Scanias one morning, couldn’t compute in his head, thought his yard ‘‘bulb man’’…i kid you not :unamused: …would have one of those in his back pocket and could slip that in like a new 149 tail light bulb with his trusty set of torx screwdrivers.

Thankfully they do not get recruited and are not wanted where i am, if you are proved and trusted to look after your kit and happy to sort stuff out, most of us are and we have stocks of everything likely to be needed in our stores, they are more than happy with the results…ie cost savings and deliveries on time.