Does anyone listen to podcasts while driving?

Yes, all night long. Although I’m less keen on the BBC ones than a lot of others above.

SPORT

Second Captains - Irish sports podcast. It’s a €5 a month subscription but it’s the best value fiver I spend. Genuinely brilliant insight and level of debate on English football way above any English media outlet. 6 podcasts a week.

Totally Football Show - Good for tactical analysis of English and European football.

Football Ramble - Decent level of analysis but more about the lolz

The Stand - Eamonn Dunphy’s daily podcast. Usually football or politics.

Tell Him He’s Pele - Long form interviews with lower league Scottish footballers. Some really brilliant anecdotes.

POLITICS AND NEWS

Guardian Today In Focus - in depth look at one particular news story each day.

Talking Politics - David Runciman’s podcast. Interesting and generally unbiased.

Novara Tysky Sour - Very left wing, which obviously isn’t for everyone.

GUESTS/INTERVIEWS

Waking Up With Sam Harris - Brilliant podcast about all sorts of topics covered. Often very non PC and provocative. always interesting.

Joe Rogan Experience - Three hour long interviews three times a week. There’s absolutely reems of back catalogue to work through and there’ll be something of interest to everyone.

Adam Buxton - Again, take your pick from a really good back catalogue.

OTHERS

Dan Carlin’s ■■■■■■■■ History - These are basically free audiobooks. He spends six months making each one and they’re all about 6 hours long covering things like World War 1 or the Nuclear Threat 1945-1963.

Jordan Peterson - Not to everyone’s taste but I do find the topics he talks about generally pretty interesting

The High Low - Strangley enjoyable women’s podcast on pop culture and current affairs. High Low referring to high brow analysis of low brow topics.