Advice need for change of direction

Juddian:

jakethesnake:
the wages should be nudging £50k not bloody £38k or whatever it works out at.

Sorry to intervene but I wonder Juddian where you can earn anywhere near 50k in the UK. I know several petroleum drivers throughout the Uk and none of then ever get near 50k.
From what they tell me 38 is closer to the mark.

Exactly, and when you look at the hours, shift patterns with disrupted sleep many of them are doing £50k is what they should be getting.

In a thread here a few short years ago regarding striking Hoyer fuel drivers, many on this forum were completely against the fuel drivers, the politics of envy clouding their every thought.
One of those Hoyer lads posted his pay slip, and gave a run down of his shift pattern, seriously i would not have wanted the job, in real terms it wasn’t that well paid at all, yes the top line figure might look impressive but when you worked the unsocial hours and the mix of shifts, er no ta.

I know blokes grossing £50k (the odd few quite a bit more), not all but mostly skilled car transporter drivers who have got into the right jobs, some were earning this a decade ago, a rare few were earning this in the late 80’s, but be assured they are earning every penny especially during winter when the job is nothing short of bloody awful.
Their work rate, reliability and damage free skills will be top drawer, wreckers and sick notes need not apply and every one of them will be a union member :bulb:

Thanks, I find what you say very interesting but I will not elaborate at present because I don’t want to hijack this thread. Maybe another time.