Eu referendum whats your vote

Spardo:

ramone:
Would you prefer “Europeans” to run OUR country or us ? … at least we can vote out our rabble ffs

But you can’t, at least you can’t be sure of getting rid of the majority that doesn’t agree with you. As I said, if you believe in your parliamentary democracy, you have to go along with the ones you vote to legislate for you.

I know you will say Parliament voted to hold the referendum, but now the majority have realised that to give a carte blanche guarantee that it would be binding (which is against all custom and practice in the British way) was a foolish thing to do, in view of the now obvious fact that they didn’t realise exactly what the result would entail, and have now changed their minds.

The whole point of a democracy is that people can change their minds, otherwise there is no point to it because there would be no point in ever having elections at all.

Cue CF, who will now say that I am advocating an end to elections. For the record, no, I am not, in fact quite the opposite, I am advocating that in the current system (which I think is seriously flawed, but that is another matter) you vote for the representatives you want, and if you don’t like the way it turns out, you change your mind and vote differently in 5 year’s time.

Err… You can’t have it both ways -

Don’t like the result of the referendum? then hold another one before the result of the first one is fully implemented, when it appears you might get your way on the rather dubious presumption that sufficient voters have changed their mind.

Don’t like the result so expect that your wishes as above will happen? but then tell those who do like the original result that they will have to wait five years for an election if they don’t like the outcome of your referendum.

That’s heads I win, tails you lose. That’s your democracy is it? Oh forgive me for a second I forgot, that is the whole basis of the current remain argument.

Take this second referendum argument to its logical conclusion and we have a case for having a referendum or four on whether we like a government’s latest budget or not.