Stuck ON a bridge

Something a little different, a truck stuck on a bridge instead of under one.

expressandstar.com/news/loc … on-bridge/

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

not suprising it got stuck all the weight is on the arse end. damp road surface no traction :unamused:

Wonder if it’s marked as a humpback bridge? Doesn’t look like the kindof road you really want to meet anything down, but reversing would be a nightmare too. Bet the people ordering the boat forgot to mention a bridge unless the driver just followed a car nav and shouldn’t have been going anywhere near there.

As for tractor, not sure how that’s going to help. If you pull it forward it’s going to scrape the heck out of the bottom of the trailer including presumably any wiring - could really do with a crane or a couple of wreckers at very least. Btw, how much can tractors pull as I guess 44T is maybe beyond them? I know some like to think they are HGV drivers, but pretty sure they are limited and end up doing wheelies.

Don’t low-loader trailers have air suspension lift at the back?

1 Think if he’d upped the drive axle suspension he’d have cleared it.
2 A decent tractor would have that away in a second.
3 Love the way the no. plate has been obscured in the frontal photo but left in full view on the trailer. Oh the embarassment!

Wonder if it had a movement order as it is wide and in a 7.5 ton weight limit?

Look at him, barging his way through, probably on cruise, yacht on earth was he thinking?

That’s knot the best place to run a ground. :grimacing:

It certainly took the wind out of his sails.

trevHCS:
As for tractor, not sure how that’s going to help. If you pull it forward it’s going to scrape the heck out of the bottom of the trailer including presumably any wiring - could really do with a crane or a couple of wreckers at very least. Btw, how much can tractors pull as I guess 44T is maybe beyond them?

I doubt there’s any wiring on the bottom of a low-loader trailer, grounding must be a fairly regular occurrence with them. I’m thinking it can’t be 44 tonnes, looks like a 2+2 combination?

graham-A:
Wonder if it had a movement order as it is wide and in a 7.5 ton weight limit?

Probably wouldnt have needed one and if it did have one it doesnt mean you cant go down a 7.5 ton weight limit you can be routed thru a weight limit if you need access to a premises

It is over 2.9m wide, so a police notification should have been done. It would be interesting to find out what action (if any) the police took against him.