New Supertruckers

ROADRANGER:
The point I’m making is, Mr Metcalfe was not gaining on me at all until I backed off for the volvo.
So, as a professional, if I was in his position, I would not have bothered.
I, would back off and indeed,when I have found myself in that situation many many times over the years since the advent of limiters do so.
So why couldn’t the Metcalfe Muppet?
So, he ■■■■■■ me off.
Take me outside and shoot me.

Because he’s an idiot that lacks the mental capacity to do so. I’ve always lived by the strategy of expecting everybody to be an idiot, as default, until they prove otherwise, and that includes making allowances for the sake of peace… a bit like an adult dealing with a playground full of children. One can hardly get upset if a child runs into them, because they’re not developed enough to show much forethought. The same child may never grow up to develop sound forethought, unfortunately for the rest of us. But we live in a world that protects the weak, so natural selection can no longer weed them out, sadly. What you experienced from Mr Metcalfe was the tyranny of the weak. The best we can do is change our own direction of travel or speed, the way an adult would say “ooops, careful there” to an over excited child who’s about to run straight into them, like a dribbling idiot.