Not happy with instructor

Zac_A:
That seems fair enough to me, but Rog did say folk were allowed to name the companies, and he is a moderator.

Yes Zac_A, ROG is a Moderator.

What ROG said needs a little clarification, which I’m happy to provide…

Something like… the instructor at company X was late and left me in the rain for an hour is OK.

It’s when people start on with more serious stuff that we have to keep it off TN.
This is things like the difference between a bit of banter being confused with abuse.
TN cannot facilitate this or be any kind of referee in a dispute.
Even if we had the whole of both sides of a story, TN is not a court of law (the TN owners’ own words.)

The law on defamation is what’s driving this, so it’s not about whether we agree/disagree with something.
ROG’s previous answer which amounted to ‘go and have a word with the boss,’ is also good because that’s exactly the right thing to do.

I’m not commenting on the topic under current discussion, so speaking very generally…

Let’s not forget that it’s sometimes a candidate’s own fault that something went ■■■■-eyed, such as the result of their driving test, then add that some of them are ‘modern youth’ that expect to gain the qualification without putting in the necessary effort. Then it’s a short step to start slagging the instructor or the school and made easier by the opportunity for a platform that TN offers.

I’m not commenting on anybody’s motivation for wanting to know what went on, but there are some people who just like to stir the pot, or simply have nothing better else to do.

If anybody thinks they need to know, there’s always the PM facility where people can say what they like without company owners or their lawyers seeing what’s being said. :wink:

My last point on this is to say that I’ve forgotten the number of times that I’ve had to take posts down or remove certain defamatory content following an email received to my TN works email from a company’s solicitors.