European work from Central Scotland

Seen on indeed site a Scottish company are advertising for drivers to doEuropean work. Thought I’d post to let drivers know as it’s a lot of drivers ambition to do European work & opportunites north of the border are rare.

MCLANACHAN TRANSPORT?

mtltransport.com/contact/recruitment

indeed.co.uk/cmp/McLanachan … iver&vjs=3

No mention of money though :unamused:

I was trying to be discreet by not mentioning the company :smiley:

They must have run out of Eastern Europeans. You’ll be doing fish runs,don’t hang about!

GOG47:
They must have run out of Eastern Europeans. You’ll be doing fish runs,don’t hang about!

Flat to mat, whoooosh.

your on the fash son.
not for newbies,and you will best know your rules and regs regarding your cards.
but infinitely better than doing your rdc trunk in a fleet spec for some,plus theres the booze and tabs on the return to consider.(sods law dictates you will get turned when youve filled the cab though). :wink:

Bellshill to Boulogne 1 hit, expect a phone call 9hrs into it from the merchant making sure your on schedule, if you’ve stopped for a kip he’ll know your running behind! A run to the likes of Lorient is a bit more relaxed

GOG47:
Bellshill to Boulogne 1 hit, expect a phone call 9hrs into it from the merchant making sure your on schedule, if you’ve stopped for a kip he’ll know your running behind! A run to the likes of Lorient is a bit more relaxed

Wait untill the plobbers read this, they’ll start the usual belly-ache about cowboys, don’t do reducers yad yada, don’t knock it till ya try it, it’s the nearest to the old ways you’ll ever get,

biggriffin:

GOG47:

Wait untill the plobbers read this, they’ll start the usual belly-ache about cowboys, don’t do reducers yad yada, don’t knock it till ya try it, it’s the nearest to the old ways you’ll ever get,

Haha,aye, supermarket trolley dollies and steering wheel attendants need not apply!

GOG47:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i did the same work for andersons.
i never made it as far as keele before they were on from boulogne tellimg me i was late.
this was after a full non stop day collecting around aberdeen,then doing a last fillout from bellshill.
limiter ignored all the way,and you were still late by the time you got to keele.
that was 15 years ago and im sure itl all have changed now and be running at 52 all legal like… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

GOG47:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i did the same work for andersons.
i never made it as far as keele before they were on from boulogne tellimg me i was late.
this was after a full non stop day collecting around aberdeen,then doing a last fillout from bellshill.
limiter ignored all the way,and you were still late by the time you got to keele.
that was 15 years ago and im sure itl all have changed now and be running at 52 all legal like… :slight_smile:

Mclanachans are all legal. Motors only do 56. Have known them to be parked at Du Caps for their time off before making it to Boulogne.

Probably as close as you can get to being a plobber on the fash.

Haven’t been to Boulogne in donkeys, always hated the place. Much prefer running over to Brittany, more fun dodging the French that way too :laughing:

well ive not much love for boulongne either.
arriving at 2-30 after 30+ hpur stint with no kip,opening the doors,and hitting the bay for the 1st of your 6 drops then being knocked out of the bunk by a forkie about 4am isnt up there in my list of favourite places.
so your drops,queue up t get washed out then collapse,2 hours later,youve told youve got 2 hours to find some tiny shed in anterp docks to load bananas that gross you out ar 49 ton to be told your tipping glasgow friutmarket at 6 am the next morninng was par for the course.
obviously after your tipped your fired up to aberdeen to do your collections,then down to bellshill for 7pm to head back out and repeat.
and woe betide you if you got caught lowering the lift axle on the trailer with the cost of tyres for them… :smiley:

dieseldog999:
arriving at 2-30 after 30+ hpur stint with no kip,opening the doors,and hitting the bay for the 1st of your 6 drops then being knocked out of the bunk by a forkie about 4am isnt up there in my list of favourite places.
so your drops,queue up t get washed out then collapse,2 hours later,youve told youve got 2 hours to find some tiny shed in anterp docks to load bananas that gross you out ar 49 ton to be told your tipping glasgow friutmarket at 6 am the next morninng was par for the course.
obviously after your tipped your fired up to aberdeen to do your collections,then down to bellshill for 7pm to head back out and repeat.
and woe betide you if you got caught lowering the lift axle on the trailer with the cost of tyres for them… :smiley:

Standard for Sanny with the lift axle :laughing:

I remember reading an article ages ago from years and years ago about how folk in Kent thought he had a fleet of a hundred motors, it was just the same poor dozen guys heading up and down :laughing:

Don’t miss the fash, wouldn’t mind a shot on the Viviers though.

biggriffin:
don’t knock it till ya try it, it’s the nearest to the old ways you’ll ever get,

Yeah no thanks, the old ways were crap and all the stuff we have with DCPC, digital tachos and the police reporting drivers carrying foam insulation as an insecure load etc are thanks to the ■■■■ taking good old boys like yourselves screwing it for the rest of us.

Conor:

biggriffin:
don’t knock it till ya try it, it’s the nearest to the old ways you’ll ever get,

Yeah no thanks, the old ways were crap.

Like you would have the slightest idea of thebold ways.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Been driving for over 25 years, some of that for a small OD whose response to the cab heater not working was to just spend all winter driving with the night heater on. When I was young and ignorant I used to do some of the crap that dieseldog seems to think is the bees knees too but then I grew up, woke up and realised the only person who benefitted was the person who owned the truck, it most certainly wasn’t me. I guess you’re one of the “too thick to work it out” brigade.

Conor:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Been driving for over 25 years, some of that for a small OD whose response to the cab heater not working was to just spend all winter driving with the night heater on. When I was young and ignorant I used to do some of the crap that dieseldog seems to think is the bees knees too but then I grew up, woke up and realised the only person who benefitted was the person who owned the truck, it most certainly wasn’t me. I guess you’re one of the “too thick to work it out” brigade.

Never had a problem with cab heaters. ■■■■■ to be you.

Too thick to work what out?

You’re the one with a super duper degree who can’t even get full time employment.

dieseldog999:

I think you probably empathise with your Anderson forerunners who had to do the same in either one of these with a trailer then?

Conor:

TheUncaringCowboy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
is that why you now frown upon the cowboys as when you tried to be one yourself,you were working for peanuts?
most of the hooligans i know make great wages though realistically its the ones that prefer to work rather than lie in their beds for 11 hours that are capable of it.
best sticking to what your good at my man,even if all that would be is an agency night trunk… :smiley:

I think you probably empathise with your Anderson forerunners who had to do the same in either one of these with a trailer then?
[/quote]
Wrong Anderson , methinks.