New driver infringements

By far the easiest and most common infringements to get are WTD related.

Tell you what i do, after about 4 hours stop and slip a 15 minute break in, that then covers you for WTD purposes for up to 9 hours total, that way you can forget about WTD up to a point and concentrate on not exceeding the 4.5 hours driving rule, then when getting up around 4 hours drive you then have another 30 minute break…this suits me because we are not planned nor required to drive anywhere near 9 hours.
Unless you are going in for a really long day that may well be all the legal break you need, just make a note of when you completed the second break because the next WTD session is 6 hours away.

This does not include any POA you may wish to book, personally i don’t and nor does the company i work for want us using POA…which is a fiddle in most cases designed to make drivers work 70 hour bloody weeks like in the bad old days.

Also just cos i book only 45 mins (i may have more than that and usually do) break on most of my days, doesn’t mean you have to do this, take as long a break as you want, and keep in mind some operators, i believe XPO want this, do not like 15 minute breaks but want a min of 30.