Reversing speed?

Tailschwing:
To be fair, my loader doesn’t usually get out and bank me unless it’s super tight. For that reason alone I’m taking it careful when it’s dark with poor visibility and in unknown areas with no knowledge of what’s behind me.

DOn’t be afraid to TELL him to get out and bank you in. Don’t wait for him to weigh up the situation and then offer to help. YOU know better than a non driver what you need.
I’m still a new guy at my current job (10 weeks) But I’m a new guy with years of driving in previous jobs, no accidents fr which I have been to blame, clean licence etc, and I intend it to stay that way too, and I have no hesitation in “Asking” (It’s an order, he knows it, I know it, I just ask nicely, as a suggestion almost :slight_smile: ) my porter to hop out and watch me in to difficult spots.

I wasn’t going to, but I will now, put a thread up about exactly this sort of situation, where I reversed into a stationary car 2 days ago. Had I not taken all possible precautions and done all the checks I would, possibly, have been sacked.