PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
I’m pretty certain this ERF is an X Iltyd Thomas Swansea…but in this pic was run by John Thomas one of the brothers after they finished.
The load it’s carrying is the clue for me Marley stone. Regards Mark

Thanks for the name Mark ! :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:
I too, used to wonder whether or not this Crusader ever did Middle-East work - it certainly looks like it. Anybody know? Here are a few more pics of it to jog memories! Robert

Might be worth having a word with Ashley about that Scammell Robert. :wink:

HRS:
“ERF-NGC-European” I too, used to wonder whether or not this Crusader ever did Middle-East work - it certainly looks like it. Anybody know? Here are a few more pics of it to jog memories! Robert
Morning Robert,
Im’e not being funny but I would have expected to see a proper towing hook or bumper if on m/east work back then and i for one would not want to stand in front of it when they pulled the leaver to tilt the cab :laughing: :laughing: Harvey She looks good though.

Posted a few brochures on the Crusader Harvey ! :smiley: Check page 294 mucker. :laughing: :wink:

vwvanman0:
Tilt the cab!?! No such luxury on a crusader, they had the swing out radiator access.
Great looking motor though.

:wink:

240 Gardner:
"DEANB"Some odds and sods.
RHA Letter 1977.

I don’t know whether it was to do with this letter, but the late Bill Bowker used to recall the tale of a tedious debate about depreciation at a local RHA meeting: after the conversation had gone round in circles for ages, Mr Austin Wilkinson cut in and brought the proceedings to a standstill with,

“I run my Fodens for 12 years, and when I’ve finished with 'em, they’re f----ed”

Classic Chris ! :laughing: :laughing:

MaggieD:
Hi Dean,
G130 VBK was one of the Turbostars I bought new from Pitters in Southampton, here’s a photo of it when fairly new.I ran 10 of them and they were good workhorses, and Pitters were a first class dealer.
Once again thanks for all your hard work on here.
Regards Richard

Well spotted Richard. Was that one of the twin turbo 480’s ■■ Bit of a beast in its day. :wink:

robthedog:
Anyone recognise the Volvo from Somerset ■■

bad boys on the phone in the FM12

:open_mouth:

moomooland:
6 Nice shot of one of their old ERF’s Dean :smiley:

Just one of many they had in their fleet over the years.

Today the company runs a predominantly Scania fleet apart from a few Mercedes rigids.

Thanks for the photos Paul. :smiley: :wink:

gingerfold:
Some odds and sods.
RHA Letter 1977.

It’s a very strange letter from the RHA…‘grandmother sucking eggs’ comes to mind.

:smiley:

ArcDaz:
"DEANB"Midlands BRS Seddon Atkinson. Looks at the cars from the 1970s behind. Looks like a Granada,Cortina, and a 1100/1300 Austin.

I reckon this is a great pic. :smiley: Nice working shot with two popular 8 wheelers of the time. Looks like its tea break
time with the fella in the chair. :lol

Hello Dean that photo of the two popular 8 wheelers cement tankers is a beauty what a nice catch to get of two old school companys that you no longer see on our roads any more i also love the old Redlands motors and the old truck cuttings from the mags i hope you guys had a great new year too I would like thank you Dean Paul Mark for all the hard work that you put in to this Kind Regards Darren :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the comments Daz, like you say “two old school companies” :smiley: :wink:

moomooland:

MANTRONIC:
Yeah Dean ,i agree with all that re -Mansel Davies ,more please cant get enough of them ,MT

Fill your boots on the link below which contains over 3000 pictures of Mansel Davies lorries taken by a friend of mine Chris Farnah. :smiley:

Thats a cracking link Paul,thanks for posting it,the Welsh boys will like that ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: