Caenby Corner Truck Stop

Stayed there last night. £15.00. Woke up this morning, did the walk around check. Talked to another driver and realised that at least 3 trucks had the curtains slashed. This also happened to me a week before Xmas. Wouldn’t mind but all I had was empty 60 ltr plastic drums. Stay safe lads and lasses.

£15 to park there ffs.
What (apart from curtain slashing) do you get for that?
For example, showers?

Lincolnshire ain’t it…

Twinned with Thurrock don’t ya know?!?

£15 doesn’t get you much, believe there are showers on site, but arrive after 8:30pm and food is out of the window as they’ll be cleaning down. No CCTV to rely on, or security for that matter.

Only stopped with a bulker on, can’t comment on curtains being slashed or diesel fairies…

£15 for what is effectively just an open lay-by

On the subject of cafes in Lincolnshire calling themselves truckstops, what is the one near the farm cafe on the A17 at Holbeach like?
There is a banner up celebrating a truckstop of the year award.
I would stop,but without knowing better, I can’t be arsed to try if it’s anything like the lincs cafes I’ve eaten in.

The one a little further down the road, thefarmcafe.co.uk is probably the best out of the three on that little stretch for food. Anglia Motel for showers but the food is more microwave meal than freshly cooked.

mardybum:
The one a little further down the road, thefarmcafe.co.uk is probably the best out of the three on that little stretch for food. Anglia Motel for showers but the food is more microwave meal than freshly cooked.

If the farm is the best of the three, I’ve made the right decision to stay away then.
The last time I visited, I got exited when I clocked that they sold lavazza coffee, but they managed to ■■■■ that up.

ROADRANGER:
On the subject of cafes in Lincolnshire calling themselves truckstops, what is the one near the farm cafe on the A17 at Holbeach like?
I would stop,but without knowing better, I can’t be arsed to try if it’s anything like the lincs cafes I’ve eaten in.

I live in Lincs. and used to drive…Only one place that ever served edible food and that is Michelles snack bar on the A17 near Saracens Head…I tried every eating place and never went back…Quite how you can take simple ingredients and make them worse is beyond me, but they seem to excel at this in Lincolnshire.

The little one is called lodgefarm cafe…and is a bit further up the road.
This is the best one of the 3

The best one in that area has closed.
It was on the old rd,had a layby across the rd.
I am talking about the old rd at Sutton bridge adjct to lockwood foods,i called it the 2 sisters.
Some you older boys will know it,altho its not been shut all that long.

att:

ROADRANGER:

I live in Lincs. and used to drive…Only one place that ever served edible food and that is Michelles snack bar on the A17 near Saracens Head…I tried every eating place and never went back…Quite how you can take simple ingredients and make them worse is beyond me, but they seem to excel at this in Lincolnshire.

best snack bar on the a17

Frankies cafe

Unfortunately, if drivers keep paying money to have curtains slashed, truck stops will continue charging for providing such services.

stev:
Frankies cafe

Thats the one stev.been ret. 18yrs memory not what it was.
Cheers.

Michelles is very good.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk