Eu referendum whats your vote

Buzzer:

Franglais:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, the point i was trying to make was why would there be more trucks if we are not going to be trading with Europe if we go out with no deal. I can’t see why we would have more truck’s but doing no trade. As i said before just scare mongering. :sunglasses:

You’re right there wouldn’t be more loads moved.
The rest is a series of 'IF’s.
Up to you or anyone to accept/not the line of thought:
No deal (especially) means extra checks and paperwork. That means extra time at either ports or inland clearance depots. Since the ports now have more trucks, and less parking, than twenty or thirty years ago, there will be blockages. So trucks will need somewhere to wait/queue.
If it’s a really bad fubar, and each load is on the truck a lot longer, it will need more trucks to carry the same number of loads.
Since we don’t know exactly what’s happening next, so the need to look at possible outcomes.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

“Franglaise” as I have said before it wont effect British trucks much as only about 10% is done by them from the UK nowadays, most formalities can be electronically controlled so I cant see a major problem with congestion at entry and exit points, plus the Jonnie foreigner’s will maybe start charging realistic payments for the work they have taken from UK hauliers by chopping rates to an un economical level, it does concern us a little as we are one of the few companies still plying our trade in Europe but what ever happens we will have to deal with it when it arrives and if it proves non profitable we stop doing the work and diversify, its as simple as that Buzzer

You are right we will have to deal with whatever happens.
If we shoot ourselves in the foot, we’ll stagger about on crutches and deal with it like that. [emoji5]
But I don’t think that’s a particularly good way to go about things.

If as you say international rates go up then there could be two effects: Imports cost more, so goods that we import will cost more to us, the end consumer.
Exports cost more to foreign buyers, so possibly losing us trade.
In truth transport is a small factor in most goods, so I wouldn’t think it’ll be drastic. But delays in the supply chain for the likes of Honda 350 trucks a day! are more worrying.

These electronic systems you mention aren’t yet there are they? Could be after a two year transition?
If and when these systems are built, up and running, they will need customs staff to administer them, agents and clerks to input data etc, and they’ll all went paying.
Remember how we all wept for those poor Clearing Agents and Douane when we lost the T2s?
We didn’t, did we. We were glad to see them gone. They’ll be back soon. You may not see them in portakabins on truck parks, with manual typewriters, but they will still be making money.
At end of t’day it’s thee’n’me as’ll foot t’bill.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk