New Supertruckers

As title, new supertruckers on discovery channel now. It’s metcalf farms by jove.
Should be interesting

rocketsquadron:
As title, new supertruckers on discovery channel now. It’s metcalf farms by jove.
Should be interesting

First aired 27/02/2017

ROG:

rocketsquadron:
Should be interesting

First aired 27/02/2017

Did I forget to say I was sloooooowwww. Time to ditch this then.

rocketsquadron:
Should be interesting

Depends how you define ‘‘interesting’’ :neutral_face: :smiley:
Think I’m washing my hair when it’s on. :smiley:

robroy:

rocketsquadron:
Should be interesting

Depends how you define ‘‘interesting’’ :neutral_face: :smiley:

My levels of sarcasm are as good as my powers of observation going by this being first aired in 2017. I should have wash my hair also.

Had one of Metcalfe “supertruckers”
Nearly take my sunvisor off today.
Heading towards immingham on the M180 minding my own business, not a care in the world, I noticed a volvo fh in the distance, gaining on me very slowly.
Eventually he starts to pass me, by this time we’re on the A180.
Before long he has a couple of cars up his jacksey, so before he had a convoy, I backed off and let him in (old school I am).
Of course, Mr Metcalfe the supertrucker who was behind me,was too thick to work out what was going on decided he was passing me but, I had already pressed resume.
So elephants racing ensued.
The turn off for killingholme was ahead, would he pass me?
Was he going off at killingholme?
We are really really close to the slip road,I’m looking down at his indicators for a clue, no, looks like he’s going to stallingborough with his semi low loader and cable drums.
Then, right on the junction, bang,they’re on and in the stupid chimp comes.
What a TOTAL pro.
You are a credit to the regiment sir.
Supertruckers my arse.

ROADRANGER:
Heading towards immingham on the M180 minding my own business, not a care in the world, I noticed a volvo fh in the distance, gaining on me very slowly.
Before long he has a couple of cars up his jacksey, so before he had a convoy, I backed off and let him in (old school I am).
Of course, Mr Metcalfe the supertrucker who was behind me,was too thick to work out what was going on decided he was passing me but, I had already pressed resume.
We are really really close to the slip road,I’m looking down at his indicators for a clue, no, looks like he’s going to stallingborough with his semi low loader and cable drums.
What a TOTAL pro.
Supertruckers my arse.

Totally in your control mate. You be the pro. You could’ve avoided all that childish muppetry by un-pressing resume for 5 more seconds. It doesn’t hurt, honest.

ezydriver:

ROADRANGER:
What a TOTAL pro.
Supertruckers my arse.

Totally in your control mate. You be the pro. You could’ve avoided all that childish muppetry by un-pressing resume for 5 more seconds. It doesn’t hurt, honest.

This, absolutely this. My life is vastly better since I decided backing away from potentional road rage situations was the best bet.

The point I’m making is, Mr Metcalfe was not gaining on me at all until I backed off for the volvo.
So, as a professional, if I was in his position, I would not have bothered.
I, would back off and indeed,when I have found myself in that situation many many times over the years since the advent of limiters do so.
So why couldn’t the Metcalfe Muppet?
So, he ■■■■■■ me off.
Take me outside and shoot me.

ezydriver:

ROADRANGER:
What a TOTAL pro.
Supertruckers my arse.

So how far do you go with this, in theory you could keep reducing clicks until tractors start coming past then the last remaining milk float in the country decides he’s pulling out to get by too.

Maybe in mitigation the second bod hadn’t got a satnav so had no clue what county he was in :unamused: let alone a junction might be approaching, so desperate to stay cosily within 6 ft of his mate’s arse.
I can well understand RR’s annoyance, we see plonkers like this with no bloody idea what they are doing, other than the programmed urge to get past, increasing in proportion every day.
The irony being that the less being paid/earned the more flying about done :unamused:

Juddian:

ezydriver:

ROADRANGER:
What a TOTAL pro.
Supertruckers my arse.

So how far do you go with this, in theory you could keep reducing clicks until tractors start coming past then the last remaining milk float in the country decides he’s pulling out to get by too.

Maybe in mitigation the second bod hadn’t got a satnav so had no clue what county he was in :unamused: let alone a junction might be approaching, so desperate to stay cosily within 6 ft of his mate’s arse.
I can well understand RR’s annoyance, we see plonkers like this with no bloody idea what they are doing, other than the programmed urge to get past, increasing in proportion every day.
The irony being that the less being paid/earned the more flying about done :unamused:

Thank you.
Can I add that I only posted,because Metcalfe transport are on the telly, being referred to as supertruckers.
AND if, he had indicated sooner that less than a complete second as he did, I would have backed off.
I have no time for some of the Muppetry that I witness on a daily basis and have no wish to add to it.

robroy:

I wish I had hair to wash …

ROADRANGER:
The point I’m making is, Mr Metcalfe was not gaining on me at all until I backed off for the volvo.
So, as a professional, if I was in his position, I would not have bothered.
I, would back off and indeed,when I have found myself in that situation many many times over the years since the advent of limiters do so.
So why couldn’t the Metcalfe Muppet?
So, he ■■■■■■ me off.
Take me outside and shoot me.

Because he’s an idiot that lacks the mental capacity to do so. I’ve always lived by the strategy of expecting everybody to be an idiot, as default, until they prove otherwise, and that includes making allowances for the sake of peace… a bit like an adult dealing with a playground full of children. One can hardly get upset if a child runs into them, because they’re not developed enough to show much forethought. The same child may never grow up to develop sound forethought, unfortunately for the rest of us. But we live in a world that protects the weak, so natural selection can no longer weed them out, sadly. What you experienced from Mr Metcalfe was the tyranny of the weak. The best we can do is change our own direction of travel or speed, the way an adult would say “ooops, careful there” to an over excited child who’s about to run straight into them, like a dribbling idiot.

Sound words to be sure.
I need to take up reading the chimp paradox again.