General Advice

– I suspect most companies won’t give you a ride along option without you being employed due to insurance, plus most drivers tend to want to do the job alone since that’s the kindof person this job attracts.

– Enjoying driving cars is I guess a good start, but its an awful lot more than that depending what job you do. If you drive a BMW, you’d at least know about being hated by everyone else so thats a good start. :slight_smile:

Thing is, theres an awful lot more than driving especially when you start with class 2 as its often multidrop so lots of manual work. Class 1 tends to be more driving but can still be manual depending on the job.

Just remember, you can be working 15 hour days plus going to and from work. Often the start times are stupidly early like 4am plus of ciurse you’ve got yo get there first. Thats why I switched to nights in the end.

– Weekemds only mihht be possible but be careful of the workong hours as mentioned above. For a new driver and only working one day every two weeks would seriously reduce your options. Most will be looking for full timers but you might get the odd agency shift (coupd be complex with PAYE tax).

– Dont worry there arent many stupid questions a.d non of the above. I dont want to put you off, but it isn’t a bed of roses. If i had the choice of an office job that I enjoyed vs getting cold wet, being hated and working stupid hours for posdibly less money…not sure I’d be on this forum.

I actually did an office job, got out to do a other manual job then got into this type. Could forsee going back to the right office job if I could find one.

PS, Peters is a good place to go learn!