General Advice

ROG:
EU regs mean that if working mon to fri then generally you can drive for one day every other weekend

Have you checked out the links contained within the link in my signature below :bulb: :question:

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up i’ll try and read up on this.

Garbo2018:
Hello, and welcome to TNUK! :smiley:

First of all, have you had your D4 medical yet? If not, I’m pretty sure that a renowned training firm like Peter Smythe will take care of everything as they have their own doctor to fill it in. Then, along with a D2 (application for lorry/bus licence) and your current licence, send it to the Drivers Medical Group at the DVLA. You should normally have your provisional Cat C licence back within a fortnight.

Recommended study material for LGV theory test (CPC Mod 1): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Theory-Hazard-Perception-Test/dp/1843266199

Recommended study material for LGV Case Studies (CPC Mod 2): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Driver-Case-Study-Test/dp/184326627X/ref=pd_sim_65_4/261-8157456-8160437?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=184326627X&pd_rd_r=ccb8500f-1424-11e9-8793-63ddf097fa6c&pd_rd_w=WIz1n&pd_rd_wg=A9Elb&pf_rd_p=1e3b4162-429b-4ea8-80b8-75d978d3d89e&pf_rd_r=AHS7MHDH4BDBHAJQBQ1N&psc=1&refRID=AHS7MHDH4BDBHAJQBQ1N

I DO recommend booking an assessment drive with PS after you get your licence back. This is so that you can get the feel of driving a large vehicle on the road, and your instructor can see how many days training you need to get to test standard.

In my opinion, I think that you are making a great decision on choosing PS as your trainer (just look at the HUGE amount of glowing reviews on TNUK).

Since you enjoy driving, you should do pretty well in this industry. As in any job, you’ll get days that are a breeze, but occasionally, you’ll may get days that are a total nightmare, BUT don’t let the latter put you off.

Regarding weekend work, how many hours per week do you currently work? This is because you can only work every other Saturday or Sunday (not both on the same weekend) because of the Working Time Directive (WTD).

Many thanks for the warm welcome Garbo,
I’ll be sure to check out the study material suggested and look into the forms and procedures mentioned!

Don’t worry i’m under no illusion that this type of job like all really will have it’s ups and downs! Just hope that because i’ll enjoy doing it, hopefully it wont sting as much when it’s bad :smiley:

I currently work 37.5 a week in a office based role, but will look into what both ROG and yourself have mentioned!

Thanks