Bus Driver had enough

Mon to Friday - most jobs I’ve done run on those hours but depends really what you’re doing. Tramping jobs (living in truck) for example might have you going out Monday morning then coming back either Friday night or Sat morning but does change from job to job.

Social life - didn’t have one before so don’t have one now, but people seem to have them as long as you’re not running every hour you’re sent. If you’ve got enough money and get your weekends off then I guess you can have one, although you might find drivers tend to be the ones who prefer their own company.

No work - if you’re on agency then that happens especially early in the year. When I had to switch to agency, I was sometimes doing 2 - 3 days a week or occasionally even 1 which really messes with your finances. If you’re working direct for a company then usually you won’t get that.

Thing you’ve got to remember is you can at least in theory do 15 hours x 3 days and 13 hours x 2 and some places you’ll end up doing that. Plus of course getting to / from work, eating, sleeping etc. Other jobs you’ll run 10 hours and that’ll be pretty much it every day. Also depending what you’re doing the start times can be a bit iffy such as 4am although I’ve found most pallet companies tend to start around 6 to 7 (still unearthly).

If you want more regular times I would say pallet companies on class 2 is usually fairly sensible timing although you’ll feel it in every muscle for a while, but it’s good exercise and interesting finding places especially houses.

One thing, the money you see advertised sometimes it total codswallop such as £40K / year or £15 / hour. Very select jobs might be on that but really it’s more like £8.50 - £9 for class 2 and £9 - £11 for most class 1 jobs especially when you’re starting. Assume it’ll be the lower end and around 10 hours a day is a good workout clearing maybe £350 a week for class 2 and closer to £400 on class 1.

Is it better than bus driving? I couldn’t do that job so in my opinion yes. You can still talk to the load if you want although you get strange looks, but if the load starts talking back then it’s either a load of Furby toys or you need to lay off the Lemsip! :slight_smile: