Broken down!

Well, muggins here has been sat in this ■■■■■■■■ Mercedes truck for almost 3 hours now and have just been informed that the recovery guy will be another couple of hours at least - as predicted the mobile mechanic couldn’t fix the transmission error.

Started work at 3am today and will be very close (15 mins) from my 15 hrs if the guy gets here on time which doesn’t seem a given.

Card’s in on POA at the moment. Am I best to do a printout just before I’m towed if I go over my hours or should I just remove it as it won’t be driven now anyway so presumably no missing mileage? (am assuming first option)

Just thought…do I need to leave card in whilst being towed or not?

Pull card now as you don’t need to leave it in and you may forget it
p/s start your daily rest from when you finally get finished and not a minute before

Removed card before 15 hours was up as guy arrived.

I had a similar situation nearly three weeks ago when the clutch in my clapped-out 12-plate Scania decided that it didn’t want to be a clutch anymore (possible release bearing) on the A14, just south of Huntingdon. Had to be pulled into a layby by a HATO Shogun after I conked out in a live lane during the evening rush hour, and also, access to the layby ahead was blocked by standing traffic. I was there for SIX hours before I got tugged to Truck East in Ely by the grumpiest wrecker driver in the world, because Scania Assistance could not find a pot of money from any of the company’s accounts.

Since I knew that I wasn’t going anywhere else that night, I just pulled my card there and then.

Had to leave the motor in Ely over that weekend and come back home by train, leaving half of my belongings (duvets, pillows, etc) down there.