Did i make any errors?

yeah i know, this is probably the most common thread in this section but i might have had my licence for a while, but this is the first time ive driven and needed to worry about the regs.

day 1

day 2

day 3

im fairly certain thats all legal, i dont think its possible to break the law with so little driving, but i thought id run it past the experts, rather than potentially making the same mistake over and over… :grimacing:

On the 29th, you started at 07.13 and finished at 23.19 giving 16hrs 6mins duty time, you only allowed a max of 15hrs providing you had the reduced rests available. If you had taken an other 4 mins longer on your break at 07.18, it would of gave you 9hrs off, so you will have been OK.
EDIT, you are on EU driving hours not UK domestic?
Did you do any daily checks, at the start of shift? If you have it should be after the cards been put in and shown as other work, covers your own back.

the vehicles a 15ton private vehicle so i am still very confused as to which parts actually apply to me. any time showing other work is because i forgot to switch tacho back to break. there is no working time. at no time when the lorry is in use am i working.

It’s not the first time you have used the Digi card. 28/12/18 shows 118, 29/12 is 119 and today 120. That’s how many times the card has been inserted into a tachometer head.
You have got an overspeed at 12.40 on the 28th and a power interruption on the 24th, both with the same DB number.
On the 28/12/18, you were just in the 4h30 by one minute at 16.16.

the card lives in the lorry. ive done a couple of short trips. why would i lie to you?

Well what about the MOT for this motor which expired 6th March 2018…

no it didnt.

Showing as expired on gov.uk… strange. I stand corrected.

pig pen:
On the 29th, you started at 07.13 and finished at 23.19 giving 16hrs 6mins duty time, you only allowed a max of 15hrs providing you had the reduced rests available. If you had taken an other 4 mins longer on your break at 07.18, it would of gave you 9hrs off, so you will have been OK.
Did you do any daily checks, at the start of shift? If you have it should be after the cards been put in and shown as other work, covers your own back.

to add to this.

i use velocity fleet management (free to me) and the app for daily checks so i have record of daily checks.

i doubt the dvsa will crucify me for 4 minutes so if that’s the only error i made, considering my complete lack of experience with the regs, then i did ok. (and will remember that one for next time.)

qwakers:
the vehicles a 15ton private vehicle so i am still very confused as to which parts actually apply to me.

All of the EU regulations apply as its over 7.5T so you need to make sure you have the appropriate amounts of rest etc.

Regarding the printouts - you’re 1 hour 4 mins over the 15 hour max working time not just 4 mins. VOSA would likely start taking a lot of notice of that even if you’re running privately.

Do remember under EU regs, any day job would count as “other work” (part of the 13 / 15 hours) for the purposes of the regs and if they found you going that far over they might start making further enquiries.

Full blurb on rules although many can be skipped over.

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours

qwakers:

pig pen:

to add to this.

i use velocity fleet management (free to me) and the app for daily checks so i have record of daily checks.

i doubt the dvsa will crucify me for 4 minutes so if that’s the only error i made, considering my complete lack of experience with the regs, then i did ok. (and will remember that one for next time.)

What I was trying to say, not very clearly is,
You’ve done 16hrs 6mins duty, your over by 1hr 6mins, your allowed a max of 15hrs.
On that day, the long break you started at 07.18 if you had 4+ minutes more break it would of been ok.

Granted its only 4 minutes, and unlikely to get you crucified if its a one off, on the face of it though, its a long shift (too long) from card insertion to ejection, and may require an explanation if stopped.

Your velocity fleet should flag this as an infringement when you down load.

qwakers:
the vehicles a 15ton private vehicle so i am still very confused as to which parts actually apply to me.

WHAT IS THE VEHICLE DOING :question: - carrying goods etc ■■

its carrying a car to trackdays.

it also is my accomodation when im away. so is fitted out with a full living.

qwakers:
its carrying a car to trackdays.

it also is my accomodation when im away. so is fitted out with a full living.

AH - its carrying a LOAD so comes under full EU regs

yup. i figured. :imp:

stupid really, but its the law.

In that case I wouldnt worry about the tacho - its Nina from HSE you need to be concerned about with her load security panicing.

Honestly can’t see them pulling that unless they are a car nut and then they might actually be a bit nicer since its not a horsebox. I guess this is a hobby rather than your fulltime job?

All you need to worry about:

15 hours working time 3x a week or 13 hours normally
9 hours min rest 3x a week or 11 hours normally.

Might be worth taking your MOT cert in the truck as really oddly its not showing MOT for me either. Not sure if its a glitch or this is what comes up on ANPR. Trucks at work just say “data not held”.

Legal bit - Just remember its your licence so dont let the boss push you to drive when you’re not fit. :wink:

Ps: anyone know if WTD applies?

GN08 CXP

check-mot.service.gov.uk/

shows as mot’d on there. :smiley:

Going to bookmark that one as it gives trailers, but shows gov depts cant even get something this simple correct.

Btw, have you fixed the brakes - just think of the kittens! :slight_smile:

the brake advisory was for low pads. low in this case meaning its got another 20k miles before theyre ready to be changed :smiley: