New Zealand trucking

ORC:
The airline won’t let you board without an onward/return flight booked, unless you can show them a visa that allows you to stay in NZ.

I wasn’t aware that truck driver had been added back to the skills shortage list yet. There are proposals to regionalise the skills shortage lists which might make it easier to get in, but they’re only proposals at this stage.

Accredited Employer is definitely the way to go right now I believe. Get to the NZ immigration website, pull up the list online and search for companies in the transport sector. Make a list, find their depots on Google, get on over here, hire a car and go door knocking. If you’re presentable and your face fits then you’re likely to land a job without too much trouble.

Incidentally, forget Mainfreight even though they’re big. Although they’re accredited their drivers are all owner drivers and they don’t employ any direct.

Forget DHL too, they don’t run a fleet here, just warehousing from what I can gather.

Bidvest are rigid local delivery trucks only, no class 5 vehicles at all. The linehaul work is done by other established NZ haulage operators.

Thanks for decent info.

Bidvest NZ is on that list and they have hired few agency-immigration b… who recently visited UK scavenging for bidvest standard victims offering 2 year contract via their agency - contract… without actual residency benefit in it from the beginning just looking for meat for bidvest NZ