PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

smallcoal:
Hi Dean ,Albion chemicals,not seen them in a while they are now breentag ,gullivers truck rentals have gone bust told yesterday when one of our boys returned the tractor unit

Thanks for the info about Albion and Gullivers ! :open_mouth:

robroy:

. Ewals Cargo Care MAN
Thought that was me for a minute :smiley: .
Think that was one of Scanfreight Euro’s motors Colchester who I used to work for…these are a couple that I had for that co.

Have you got anymore Dean?
Could be pulling Schnellecke, Schenker, Portbridge, P&O or their own trailers.
Cheers mate.

“robroy” Thanks for the photos chap i will have a word with Paul and see if he has anymore. :smiley: :wink:

kingswinford kit:
"DEANB"Some oldies.
The first ERF ,has a Hereford reg ,anyone knows who its former owner was ? regards Keith

Hopefully someone may recognise it Keith. :wink:

moomooland:
“DEANB” Kingston Dodge. When you think how many pics have been posted there have not been many Dodge’s so they must have been well down the list when hauliers were looking for new trucks.
Surprisingly enough Dean they were quite popular back in the day.

I never drove one but would be interesting to hear how good or bad they really were…

Thanks for the pics Paul ,strange how we have not had that many of them maybe Paul did not like them ! :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
I learned on one of those Dodges.at a training school…nasty horrible bloody things. :smiling_imp:
Used to have to aim it in the direction you wanted to go, and then try and hold it in a straight line.
The gears were alike to a stick in a bucket, hope for the best to get in without a crunch of grating cogs, and listen for the sickening thud when you split the gears.
How the hell I managed to pass a test in it with all the pressure, I’ll never know.
I reckon the examiner felt sorry for me. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

old 67:
Hi Rob.I got rid of a couple of creases and brightened it up a bit,hope you don’t mind.Regards.John.

:wink:

tyneside:
The Dodges were popular with the training schools in the seventies. Tyneside Transport Training Group had both rigids and artics and I did my Class 1 in one in 1974.
IIRC the cabs could tip under severe braking conditions
A couple of years later I was going on a course to MoTEC at High Ercall (RTITB, Mr Bewick’s favourite organisation)
Tyneside Training had a six wheel Dodge tipper that had to go down there and my Dad who was a founding member of the group volunteered my services. Went down on the Sunday to start the course on Monday but the b****y thing had low speed diffs so a max of 41mph from Tyneside to Shropshire, thought I was never going to get there.
Tyneside

Thanks for the comments “Tyneside” :wink: